- Boracay beach is now ranked by the National Geographic Traveler as one of the best beaches in 2013and on the top 15 preferred destinations in the world. With this successive accolades from different reputable institutions, the first two months of 2013 registered a 121% increase in jetty ports’ terminal fees (Caticlan and Cagban) servicing Boracay destination. This translates to total 228,598 tourists of which 60% are foreigners.
Europeans and Russians had considered also Boracay as their preferred destination making it realistic for the National Tourism Development Plan to hit 1.8M tourist arrivals by 2014 in the island.
- Other vacationers are the Chinese with arrivals registering at 61,000/year and would significantly jumped higher because of the increase of direct chartered flights from various airline service providers. One of them, Dragon Air opened its direct flights from Chongqing aside from Beijing, Shanghai, and Guanzhou. These are major cities of the Peoples Republic of China and with combined population at 100M which is almost equal the entire Philippine population.
- Sales for the lst quarter, 2013 covered the peak season of New Year, Chinese New Year, and Holy Week , and start of vacation time with favorable “Amihan Season”. Wherein the weather is cool with northeast wind , moderate temperatures throughout , and few rainfall.
With this excellent business condition, occupancy rate averaged 66% for this quarter with the highest in February at 83%. This translates to room revenue growth of 108% from 4th quarter, 2012 or P50.4M of room revenue and dividend net earnings of P32,479.78/ point share. The dividends per unit type are as follows:
|Pro rate sharing|
|Unit Type||Share Pt||Dividends|
|T1||2.50||P 81, 199.45|
|T2||2.20||P 71, 445.52|
|T3||1.00||P 32, 479.78|
|T4||1.20||P 38, 975.74|
|T4A||1.50||P 48, 719.67|
|Sp. Unit||3.00||P 97, 439.34|
- Aside from the various travel agencies’ bookings, local corporate deals were from:
|Stay||Client||No. of Rooms|
|Feb||6-8||Palawan State University||35|
|Feb||20-22||Palawan State University||37|
|March||11-15||Dept. of Health||17|
|March||21-25||Media Pool Ad (2GO)||23|
|March||29-31||Time Cargo (2GO)||24|
- As of the end of lst quarter of 2013, the condotel project completion is at 70% or 404 units out of the targeted 524 units.
- Building Nos. 8 and 10 which hold the Convention Center were also completely finished and a mileage for any event on the island having a capacity of 1,600 persons with the multipurpose function rooms for trainings and seminars.
- The Musical Fountain is now up and gives a very colourful and relaxing view with its aesthetic design of sound and timed light while the $2M (US) Shark Marine Aquarium showcasing world water marine creatures is 95% complete.
- An effective and continuous multi media marketing campaigns included segment features at local top rated shows like ABS CBN ‘s Umagang Kay Ganda and Rated K. GMA News covered the newest activity at Boracay Island, CRRCC wave pool surfing and tsunami wave riding experience. The latter was endorsed by GMA network info-tainment 2013 top 10 Funtastic Places and Activities in Boracay.
- Because of these endorsements, the next quarter (2nd) 2013 have confirmed corporate bookings to host the 25th Prosecutors League of the Phils. National Convention, Association of Medical Social Workers of the Phils., Inc. (AMSWAPI), SANKO, QS Life, ABS CBN, Activ Asia Inc., Civil Service Commission, Dept. of Agriculture, Employees Compensation Commission.
This lst Quarter, 2013 performance is indeed a mileage!
The Crown Regency Resort & Leisure Management Services, Inc.
Crown Regency Resort and Convention Center